I recently got a Dell laptop, and trust me on this anyone with his first Dell device will be confused.
Not that it is confusing to the extent that you get worried. Nevertheless, one thing that I think many people do not know about Dell laptops is the ability to split screens.
As all the Dell laptops are windows laptops, thus, like any windows device it also comes with the Software called snap.
Currently, there are two ways to split screens on Dell laptops. You can either use the tool, or make use simple two keyboard keys.
In this article, I will explain both of these ways to get a split screen.
Setting a split screen in Windows 10 Dell laptop
Unlike the previous versions of windows, windows 10 comes with an incredible tool named “snap” to split the screen. You will hardly see new laptops with any other windows version except 10 and 11.
- Firstly, you must open the two windows that you want to see simultaneously.
- Now, very gently press on the second application window.
- Automatically, the two software will be shown as two screens.
Using the Keyboard shortcut for “Snap”
If you are unable to perform this task by clicking on the software then go for the second method.
- Open the software you wish to see on your screen.
- Now, click and hold on to the title bar of one of them.
- Then press the windows button ⊞ and the left arrow key ⬅simultaneously.
- You will see that this window is shifted to the left side of the screen.
- Then for the second window, again press and hold on to the title bar.
- After that, press both the windows button and the right arrow button together.
- This way, the second window will open up on the right side of your screen.
Using snap for Dell laptop with windows 7 and 8
There is a slightly different method to get a screen split for windows 7 and 8. But, luckily, it is not that complex.
First, let us see for windows 7.
- Open the two windows on your laptop screen.
- Now, click on the title bar of one of them.
- Keep pressing on it.
- Drag the windows with your mouse to one side of the screen.
- Now, once you are satisfied with the location of that window. Leave it there.
- Then press on the title bar of the second window.
- Drag it on the empty space on your screen.
- Slowly take it there, and adjust it.
Moving on to the windows 8
- Firstly, open the two windows.
- Then press on the right corner of either of the windows title bar.
- Now press with the help of your mouse and drag it to the right side of the screen.
- Gradually, you will reach a point where you will see a vertical line. It is an automatic feature exclusively in Windows 8.
Snapping Dell screen in three parts
This is a bit tricky, and doing so with a snap software is impossible. However, there are some ways that can help in dividing a Dell laptop’s screen in three sections.
Before I mention the way to do so, I feel it is important to tell, that it can only happen in windows 10 and 11. Other than that, it is hard. Also in windows 10 and 11, you will need a good quality video card to maintain the quality of the screen display.
Splitting Dell screen in three
You must follow the below-described steps to achieve a three parts split on a Dell laptop.
- Open the three windows you wish to see on your screen.
- Now press on the title bar of any of these windows.
- Drag one of them to the right side of the screen.
- Leave it where you want it.
Then, for the second one repeat the same process, and leave it on the left side of the screen.
Now you must re-adjust the two open windows in a way with your mouse, that there is an empty space above the two windows, or on either of the windows.
Here, you should place the third window.
Is it possible to split the screen into four portions?
Yes, you can also split your Dell laptop’s screen into four windows. It is also very easy.
- Assume that your screen is a rectangle with four imaginary boxes inside it.
- Now in each box you will need to set the window.
- Open the four windows you will like to see.
- Now, one by one place each window in the imaginary box of that rectangle.
- You can also use the Windows key and the arrow buttons to adjust this.
How can I set the snap settings on Dell laptops?
Managing and resetting snap on Dell is quite simple.
- Open the settings window of your laptop.
- Move to the option of systems.
- Then select the option for multi-tasking.
At this point, you will see several options to manage screens and windows. One of them will be for dragging and adjusting windows.
If you need to split your laptop’s screen every other day then it is better to keep this option “on”.
Here are generally three to four options. You can set them according to your needs for an easy and manageable split process.
Frequently asked questions
The answer is yes. If you are using Windows 7,8,10, and 11, simply use the Windows Button + left keyboard key or right keyboard key to split screen with right or left side.
Snap is an in-built software in windows 7,8,10 and onwards to help laptop users split screen in two or more.
It is very easy to manage the screen split in Dell laptops. I hope your query about how to split the screen on a Dell laptop is now resolved.
- How to Use Inspect on a School Chromebook – (Updated Guide) - November 4, 2023
- How to Block Website on Chromebook: A Step-by-Step Guide - October 26, 2023
- Chromebooks: How to Delete Apps/Games - September 11, 2023